Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When did I get old? I just found the recipe for Northstar burgers. I need to get out more. And other nonsequiturs...

I tweaked my back last night. Throwing a softball. And no, that's not some strange euphemism the kids are using these days. I was seriously just throwing a softball and now I'm having a hard time standing up straight. Also, when did it become absolutely impossible to stay out until almost midnight and still function at a decent level the next day? I mean, I wasn't even drinking, I was just playing a game (in the balmy 40 degree Ohio October weather). Clearly, someone, somewhere is playing a trick on me. Fine, I get it. Now please give me my 20's back.

In other news, I found a recipe on Tastespotting today for what is supposed to replicate the Northstar burger. If you live in Columbus and haven't been to Northstar, you've clearly been living under a rock. And if you've been there and haven't had their veggie burger, well, I just feel sorry for you. After you look at the recipe but before you say anything about how much you hate beets, let me just head you off at the pass. I do too. They are awful. I think I would have a better experience licking the ground than eating a beet. But somehow, in these veggie burgers, they not only transform into something edible, they become magical. I don't know--maybe the secret ingredient is crack. But honestly? I don't really care. They are that good.

Which brings me to my next point: I need to get out more. Why? Because I've just spent an ENITRE blog post talking about how I'm getting old and how much I love veggie burgers made out of beets. Do I need to say anything else?

No comments: