Monday, October 26, 2009

I just got a "why don't you like me any more" email from my 64 year old mother

Every now and then, I have a girl moment (see here).  And I *might* have a tendency to over-think things just a bit.  I kind of assumed this was something that I would eventually get over.  But perhaps not...

This morning I had an email from my mom, who I saw yesterday from a distance while I was letting my dogs run around on our family property.  She was out working in the field, helping an archaeologist survey some Hopewell mounds (this story could get complicated really quickly), so I waved and didn't bother to walk out there, thinking my dogs would just be in the way.  When I left, I waved again.  No big deal, right?  We live literally a mile and a half from each other and see each other all the time.

The email started: "Late last night, while I was wondering why you didn't come out into the field to say hi yesterday..."  What?  Late last night?  As in, you were losing sleep over this?  And you didn't just call to ask me?  And this was the first thing on your mind again this morning?

I guess I know who to blame the next time I want to go postal on my boyfriend for forgetting to call me back.

No comments: