Friday, December 11, 2009

I lost 100 pounds on a diet of nothing but tofurkey

I love am profoundly creeped out by how smart the internet is.  Like, how someone tracks your facebook status and when you have the dreaded "Stephanie is no longer listed as in a relationship" (complete with the really sad little broken heart icon) change, you start getting ads for dating services on the side.  Without a mourning period.

Or like when I tweated once about the crying baby in Target being an amazing form of birth control, I suddently have all these weird Mommyblog followers, one of which was called Thelaughingbaby.  And let me tell you, using a head shot of a laughing baby as your profile pic is not creepy.  Not at all.

Or like how I have ads on the side of my blog for drain cleaners because I posted two things about having a clogged drain.  Because you know what else was in that blog?  A lot about how I ALMOST KILLED MY MOTHER.  Maybe an ad for some sort of counseling service would be more appropriate?

It makes me want to say random crap just to see who will follow me or what kind of ads I can get to pop up.  Like hair plugs. Natural male enhancement. Marshmallow peeps.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Erin and I used to choose random topics to mention in gmail messages just to watch the ads change at the top of the gmail screen. Creepy but cool! You could always turn off your ads. Are they actually making you any money? :)

tri2run said...

Yes! I've made a whopping 11 cents so far!