Tuesday, July 24, 2007

plodding along

I finished my first Olympic distance triathlon on Sunday. Officially, an Olympic tri consists of a 1.5K swim, a 40K bike, and a 10K run. Of course, it's difficult to make the bike course match that exactly, so give or take a mile.

I had a blast! I finished in 2:42, which was faster than my goal, and put me 5th out of 11 in my age group. I really like this distance; I had time to kind of settle into a rhythm in all the legs, although maybe too much of a rhythm in the swim because my time was SLOW! I did get my goggles kicked (or pulled...I'm not really sure what happened) off my face, so there was some time dedicated to trying to tread water with just my feet while putting the goggles back on my face (you try it!). Luckily, I was almost done when that happened, so when the goggles started letting in water because I couldn't get a good seal while in the middle of the lake, it wasn't a big deal and I just kept going.

One more tri for the summer...and then if I can get my knee back to some level of normalcy, the marathon in October.

No comments: